Monday, June 7, 2010




It was evening and Ashley was getting a shower. Eoin was a dirty little monkey so I stripped him off and handed him in to his dad. I peaked my head in the far end of the shower to watch my two together, and leaned in to a elicit a drippy baby smile. Then I went to the other side to help Ashley soak Eoin's head. I shifted back to the far end to lather Eoin's head, and then again to the shower side to rinse the shampoo. Over to the far end to soap his bum, back to the shower for the rinse cycle. Then I ran to the kitchen to get the camera. Back to shower end for a few pictures. Ashley and Eoin were so cute trying to grasp the stream of water together. I went to the baby's bedroom to grab his towel. Back to the far end to scoop my slippery little man out of his dad's arms into my terry-clad ones. As I carried him to his bedroom, I smiled at the image of myself that popped into my head: I was like a honeybee, busily hovering around my two favorite flowers, darting in here and there, and drinking in the nectar of my blooming family.

No comments:

Post a Comment