Friday, May 21, 2010


Today was my second Mothers Unfolding meeting at Pomegranate Midwives in East Van. We talked about having babies without grandparents, sisters, cousins, aunts, etc, around us. Is it "wrong" and "unnatural" to do it on our own? Being a mom is an ocean of responsibility which would be so much better navigable with familiar stars to keep us on course. Sure, I want someone to babysit, a place to go for Sunday dinner, a hand to help when I feel overwhelmed. But most of all, I want to be able to share Eoin with more people. I love him so much. His dad loves him too. I want more people to love him. I want people around to laugh at his antics, to kiss his baby folds, to smell his Burt's Bees diaper cream, to soothe his cries, to puzzle over his habits. I want him to be loved by a whole circle of people. I want him to grow up looking into the faces of those who see him as a special gift to their lives; an integral part of their own circle of people. I want to share Eoin. He is the most wonderful thing I've ever known. Nudge, nudge. See his wonder with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment